Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Little Resolution #2 - Journal a thought or two daily

Whether you are a grandma, a mama or a girl just living the good life, keeping a journal about your days is a timeless gift…not just for those who read it in the many years to follow, but also for yourself as a reflection piece of the person you were to the person you have become.  When I was pregnant with my first baby, I kept a journal that is a reflection of prayer, excitement and nervousness.  It’s funny to read of all the things I worried about with having a new baby…all new mommies do I’m sure.  Sadly, I didn’t journal everyday but the pages I do have are priceless memories.  Also during my pregnancy, my grandfather fell ill and I was able to share my feelings and the stories and conversations we had during his last days.  With so much going on at the time, if this would not have been written down, there would have been no way for me to remember…not with pregnancy brain!

My friend who is in school right now and given an assignment to do a sketch everyday for her art class…so I was thinking, on the days where a story doesn’t come to mind and I just don’t feel the love…maybe a stick figured doodle will do!  


Picture source from Parker Quinn Ink (1945) Advertisment

No comments:

Post a Comment