Friday, July 30, 2010

Daddy...I miss you.

Today marks two years since I last heard my fathers voice, felt his strong hands, or watched life in his eyes.  Sometimes I can feel him near.  But most of the time I fear the sadness that comes when I do remember or think him.  Cancer is evil.  I hate it.  Cancer has torn too many loved ones from our hands and from our lives.  Today I was celebrate my memory of you daddy and keep you alive through the stories I tell my children and in the conversations we quietly share.
  
In Loving Memory
Almighty God, through the death of your Son on the cross, you have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead you have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in you on earth praise you for ever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.. 



I miss you. I love you  - Crid

2 comments:

  1. Ah, sweet lady. I'm so sorry. I am not ready to lose my dad and can't imagine your pain. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Christy, you are one amazing daughter, thank you for sharing your heart and your memories.
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete